Using the evidence from Phase 1, Phase 2 of the Review asked the following questions:
- What is the role of the police, and how should the service evolve over the next 20 years?
- What should be the relationship between the public police service and other agencies and actors involved in public safety and security?
- How can the legitimacy of policing be strengthened, particularly with those parts of the community among whom confidence in the police is low?
- What are the implications of the above three questions, and of the changing landscape of crime and security for the future police workforce?
- How should the police service be resourced?
- How should the police service be organised, locally, regionally and nationally?
- How should the police service be governed and held to account?